BCAD 1 - Infant/Toddler *S/O
ONLY FOR ONTARIO PATIENTS WITH INBORN ERRORS OF METABOLISM. COVERED BY THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH.
- Iron-fortified infant formula and medical food powder that is free of the branched chain amino acids isoleucine, leucine and valine.
Indications for use:
- For the dietary management of infants and young children (0-36 months) with documented Maple Syrup Urine Disease (MSUD)
Restrictions for use:
- Can be used by infants and young children (0-36 months) with documented MSUD while under direct and continuing medical supervision
- Product is nutritionally incomplete. Care must be taken to provide enough isoleucine, leucine and valine to support growth using other foods with these amino acids as required
- Medical professionals must carefully and constantly supervise use of BCAD 1 with other foods and liquids and adjust the diet based on frequent blood tests.
- Powdered format
- Contains DHA and ARA Isoleucine-, leucine-, valine-free
- Provides all other essential amino acids as well as nonessential amino acids, carbohydrate, fat, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals
- Vanilla scent
- Mixes easily and stays in suspension well
Storage and serving instructions:
- Store cans at room temperature
- After opening can, keep tightly closed, store in dry area and use contents within 1 month
- Follow instructions on product insert for safe preparation and use
- Do not freeze powder and avoid excessive heat
- Use by date on bottom of can
- *SPECIAL ORDER: Up to 14 business days for delivery
- Visit Mead Johnson for more product information.
||Mead Johnson Nutrition
We offer two shipping options:
- Standard shipping – 3 to 10 business days
- Rush shipping – Next day delivery before 10:30 AM (Monday to Friday)
For products purchased in store we accept returns of unopened products up to 14 days after the date of purchase. For products ordered online we accept returns up to 14 days after the date of shipment.
Opened or used products, or any items marked as non-refundable are not within our return guidelines.
Visit our Shipping and Returns page for more information.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site.
We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read and follow labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. This product may not be right for you. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. specialtyfoodshop.ca assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.