GA Gel (Unflavored) *S/O
ONLY FOR ONTARIO PATIENTS WITH INBORN ERRORS OF METABOLISM. COVERED BY THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH.
Up to 14 business days for delivery
- A powdered lysine free, tryptophan low protein substitute for use in the dietary management of Glutaric Aciduria Type 1(GA1) in children between the ages of 12 months and 10 years.
- Dosage of GA gel to be determined by the clinician or dietitian.
- GA gel can be taken as a gel or a low volume drink. Empty the contents of the sachet into a beaker. Add a FlavourPac sachet* if required. Add approximately 30ml of cold water for a gel or 80ml for a drink. Secure the lid and shake well for 10 seconds. For the gel - leave to stand for 2 minutes before consuming. For the drink - consume immediately.
- For best results this product should be freshly prepared and when possible used immediately.
- Store in a refrigerator and use within 24 hours. Shake before use.
- Water or permitted drink to be taken after the gel or drink.
- Must only be consumed by children with proven Glutaric Aciduria Type 1 under strict medical supervision.
- Contains a source of Phenylalanine.
- Not for intravenous use.
- Not recommended for infants under 12 months of age.
- Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Diet must be supplemented with natural protein, water and other nutrients in prescribed quantities to supply the fluid and general nutritional requirements.
We offer two shipping options:
- Standard shipping – 3 to 10 business days
- Rush shipping – Next day delivery before 10:30 AM (Monday to Friday)
For products purchased in store we accept returns of unopened products up to 14 days after the date of purchase. For products ordered online we accept returns up to 14 days after the date of shipment.
Opened or used products, or any items marked as non-refundable are not within our return guidelines.
Visit our Shipping and Returns page for more information.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site.
We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read and follow labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. This product may not be right for you. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. specialtyfoodshop.ca assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.