Gelmix Thickener - 125g
- Organic thickener suitable for thickening breast milk, infant formula and other liquids
- Odorless, tasteless and smooth fine powder made from organic tapioca maltodextrin, organic carob (locust) bean gum and calcium carbonate
- Health Canada and Canada Food Inspection Agency approved product
Indications for Use:
- Suitable for thickening breast milk, infant formula and other liquids to nectar or honey consistencies
- Facilitates retention of nutrients in breast milk and infant formula that requires thickening
- May be used in the management of spit-up that occur in infants with gastroesophageal reflux (GER)
- May be used in the management of dysphagia or for individuals with swallowing difficulties
- Recommended for individuals 42 weeks gestational age and older
- Not intended for use with infants under a gestational age of 42 weeks, or under 6 lbs
- Do not use with infants who are suspected of an allergy to galactomannans or with suspected or confirmed galactosemia
- Stop using if rash or other allergic reaction occurs, and consult a physician immediately
- Use under the supervision of a healthcare professional
- Carob bean is not absorbed, so stools may have a mild mucous appearance
- Gassiness may occur during the first 2 weeks of use
- Visit Parapharma Tech for mixing instructions and additional product information
We offer two shipping options:
- Standard shipping – 3 to 10 business days
- Rush shipping – Next day delivery before 10:30 AM (Monday to Friday)
For products purchased in store we accept returns of unopened products up to 14 days after the date of purchase. For products ordered online we accept returns up to 14 days after the date of shipment.
Opened or used products, or any items marked as non-refundable are not within our return guidelines.
Visit our Shipping and Returns page for more information.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site.
We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read and follow labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. This product may not be right for you. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. specialtyfoodshop.ca assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.